Contact Information 

District Offices

Somerset Office
301 Georgian Place

Somerset, PA 15501
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (814) 443-4230
Fax: (814) 443-3866

Windber Office
1605 Graham Avenue
Windber, PA 15963
9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Tuesday - Thursday - Friday
Closed on Wednesday 
Phone: (814) 467-4011

Hyndman Office
158 Washington St.
Hyndman, PA. 15545
Open on Wednesdays only from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. 
(814) 842-3362
TOLL-FREE: (866) 779-1477
Fax: (814) 842-3367
Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or by appointment

Capitol Office
Room 111 Ryan Office Building
PO Box 202069
Harrisburg, PA 17120-2069
(717) 783-8756
Fax: (717) 782-2911

PHEAA Offers Free Help in Completing the FAFSA, Says Metzgar

Rep. Carl Walker Metzgar (R-Somerset/Bedford) would like to inform residents that the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) is offering free Completion Sessions for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) across the state from January through April for students and families interested in qualifying for financial assistance during the 2011-12 academic year. 

PHEAA offers the FAFSA sessions in partnership with the Pennsylvania Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.  A schedule of upcoming FAFSA Completion Sessions is available at and will be updated weekly as additional locations are confirmed. 

Students and families will have the opportunity to ask questions related to the FAFSA or financial aid in general pertaining to their individual circumstances. 

If the FAFSA Completion Event site has access to online computers, presenters can help individual families complete the FAFSA online while they attend the session.  If students are filing as a dependent, they and their parents will need to provide the following documents: 

  • Social Security numbers.
  • Driver’s license numbers.
  • 2010 W-2 forms and 2010 Federal Income Tax returns.
  • Alien registration numbers or permanent residence cards (if not U.S. citizens).
  • 2010 untaxed income records (welfare, veterans benefits, Social Security, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
  • Current bank statements and records of stocks, bonds and other investments.
  • Business or farm records, if applicable. 

For more information about the FAFSA, visit

Share |