– Rep. Carl Walker Metzgar (R-Bedford/Somerset) announced that forms for the state’s Property Tax/Rent Rebate program for 2017 rebates are now available at his offices.
Eligible participants of the state’s Property Tax/Rent Rebate program can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2017. The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with permanent disabilities.
Eligibility income limits for homeowners are set at the following levels, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits:
- $0 to $8,000, maximum $650 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $8,001 to $15,000, maximum $500 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $15,001 to $18,000, maximum $300 rebate (homeowners only).
- $18,001 to $35,000, maximum $250 rebate (homeowners only).
“Residents are reminded that they do not have to pay a private entity for assistance in filing the forms,” Metzgar said. “Copies of the forms, as well as assistance with filing them, are available at my office free of charge.”
Applicants are reminded to provide all the necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately. The application is also available for download at RepMetzgar.com
by clicking on “Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program.” The deadline to apply for a rebate is June 30.
For additional information or assistance, contact Metzgar’s Somerset office at (814) 443-4230, his Windber office at (814) 467-4011, or his Hyndman office at (814) 842-3362.
Representative Carl Walker Metzgar
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Greg Gross